Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Looseyourself


This is my art nouveau piece that I titled "Looseyourself" Acrylic paint on bristol board. I do realize that people do tend to get lost in this picture and we loose the individual figures, I did mean to do that it was done on purpose. This picture has nothing to do with the use of drugs. To me its that moment in time where you forget who you are because of an adrenaline rush or a very sudden change and you just don't know what you should feel. Everything is running through your head at once and everything links together in some kind of twisted way and everything else doesn't matter. I want the viewer to feel something from this picture even if it is not the same as I feel. I would love someone else to tell me what they feel when they see this and how they interpret this.

3 comments:

  1. This painting immediately makes me think of psychadelic music, kind of like the Beatles St.Pepper etc. I do like that the figures kind of blend together, but I agree a little more definition may help. I like that you left white space in the background and that all of your patterns are original and vibrant. Good job and happy birthday!:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THE COLOR!!! there is so much color, warm colors, cool colors, and other catgorized colors. But my favorite part about it is the patterns and the color you chose them to be. You did a really great job on this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colors and designs amaze me. You are truly talented, Charlotte. You blow us out of the water (:

    ReplyDelete