Wednesday, March 16, 2011

the Drunken Man


This was a still life just simple graphite on paper 9' x 12' that I named "the Drunken Man". I thought this was really expressive for a still life because the position of the wood man, his slouch, his shadow, his missing hand, the head looking down, the way the feet look like they are dragging slowly. It reminds one of a man who has lost all hope but continues on alone and doesn't see the world around him. This still life really impressed me because I didn't see it coming together until the middle almost end, I had always been trying to find out what could make a still life so unique and this help, I learned about setting a mood in a still life, still trying to work on that in still lifes and have a little more of me come through in them instead of just a pretty picture.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for adding this. I don't remember seeing it in class or elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you can create anything with it looking decent. your work would happen to be my favorite of the classroom. This looks nice.

    ReplyDelete