Monday, February 14, 2011

My precisionism piece. "Trapped"(9 by 12 inches) acrylic on bristol board was an assignment for my art 3 2-d class trying to imbody a precisionist painter. I wanted to add a bit of character to this painting so I tried to use as little tape as possible and free hand most of it, I ended up messing up on a lot the wire on the grey fence post got messed up and there was suppose to be trees somewhere but when I started on the trees it just looked better with out them. The paints got messed up and I ended up using the wrong blues and blcks at some points so some of the greys are off. I didn't like this piece as much but the colors and the gradient on the larger fence post is interesting to me but could have done better and made the lines cleaner.

7 comments:

  1. FIRST!!!! I really like this piece this piece, especially the color choice. They flow really well together. I can't really tell what that white is at the top though? Can you explain?

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was an electric fence I really don't know what it was but it was a part of the original picture I think I have it posted on my blog also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like that you tried to seperate yourself and free hand a persionist piece. I agree about your color choice, the blance is so well, and isn't just focused on the post and wires. I'm glad you decided to not go with the tress and have the flat dark background that makes everything go POP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not really sure what this is but I like that because it's open for interpretation and that makes it easer to talk about. Is it zoomed in? Is this the water treatment plant? I like the color choice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You seem to have a small theme going on with fences and barbed wire. Can you use this as a pattern in your current art nouveau piece?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The wire looks very interesting, and the white seems to pop out. great job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. your precisionism piece is amazing, the wire looks sharp and the black fills in the empty places well. i think you have done a wonderful job on it.

    ReplyDelete